Friday, November 21, 2008

There is no "We" in team


I live in Wisconsin, and I'm not a Green Bay Packers fan, there I admit it. I hope you are all happy now. Anyway, I listen to local sports talk radio a lot driving to and from work, and I have to tell you that there are a lot of really dumb ass Packer fans.


The reason I say this is because Packer fans are some of the few people that use "WE" when they talk about the team. For example a caller this morning actually said, "We need to stop making stupid mistakes in the red zone and just pound the ball down their throats". Now this was a call from some lady named Claire. "Claire" might have been her alias, because she just might be in the witness protection program, but I'm pretty sure that Claire is not a member of the Green Bay Packers organization.


When I got to work this morning I fired up the world wide interweb to prove that she is not on the team. What do you think I found? There is not one person on the Green Bay Packers staff that goes by the name Claire. So Claire or whatever your real name is, stop the lies! You are not on the team, I looked! As far as I could tell Claire and all her meat head cohorts who use "we" in reference to the team are all liars. These rabid fans that call in crying or bragging about this or that and use the term "we" are just that, fans. They are not on the payroll, they don't ride on the team jet, they do not participate in team meetings or practice, and they certainly are not on the field during the game. At most theses fans sell popcorn and beer at Lambeau Field, and that is as close as most people will ever get to calling themselves a member of the Green Bay Packers.


I will say that there are some really good packer fans out there, but there are some that take their fandom a bit too far, like the guy in the picture at the top.


~E

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well, "WE" think this was a pretty good post. Just for reference, "WE" is myself and the voices in my head.